Thursday 14 May 2015

My current favourites!

I was recently looking through my posts and I've not done a favourites before! I find that so strange, I love talking about my favourite things. So I gathered some stuff that I've been loving recently and photographed them so I don't forget to write this post! 

I think everyone and their cat has tried and loves this product. It's so easy to use and is extremely effective! It's now a holy grail product for me, I couldn't live without it. It gets every last bit of makeup off, even mascara! It doesn't sting your eyes like the Anne French cleansing milk I used to buy... be careful with that stuff, it's lethal. Every time I get close to running out I immediately buy a replacement. They have ones for different skin types now too! I only just noticed that, they definitely didn't when I first started buying this. If you haven't tried this then you definitely need to. And it's only around £5. So worth it and I'll definitely keep on buying it. LOVE IT.


I've recently seen this all over the internet with amazing reviews! I was in need of a toner so I thought I'd buy this one and see if I agree with the huge hype around it...fyi I definitely do. In the description online, it says it's supposed to help tone, firm and tighten the skin and also remove dead skin cells. As it's an exfoliating toner too, which is what intrigued me the most. It definitely does all of those things and I've been using it for just over 2 weeks now. It has reduced the redness on my skin that was making me not want to leave the house without foundation on, I hated it! It's also controlling the oiliness I get through my T-Zone! Amazing! Another good thing is that this can be used on all skin types! I think it's definitely worth the £18 and I'll definitely be buying it again when mine runs out.


I bought this because I've recently been into wearing no foundation, it's done my skin the world of good! But I still wanted that little something on my face so I didn't feel naked. I liked the sound of this powder and how it has buildable coverage. When I tried it I instantly fell in love with it, it's perfect for me and I haven't worn my Mac Studio Fix foundation since! I haven't tried building up the coverage, I just put it all over my face and then I'm done. It's good at covering up the redness on my face but it's definitely not full coverage so if you was going to use this and wanted to cover blemishes, I'd recommend a concealer underneath. I use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. Which should also be in this favourites list to be honest! I love that too. 


I'm always on the hunt for an amazing eyeliner. My day to day makeup routine is fill in my eyebrows, powder, eyeliner, mascara and blush. Never ever do I not go without my cat flick. I was using the Collection Fast Stroke one for a while but it started to sting my eyelids, I then switched to a gel liner that I found online. I loved that but it was more effort doing it with a brush everyday and having to constantly clean the brush in order for it to apply nicely the next day. Lazy I know. But then I was shopping and came across this by L'Oreal, they had to many different sized eyeliners to pick from so depending on how intense you like your eyeliner you can pick a thicker or thinner felt tip. I chose the thinnest one you could get. I wasn't so sure at first because the last felt tip liner I used was absolutely rubbish, it was like it dried out straight away. But this is definitely my new favourite ever eyeliner. It's so easy to use and goes on jet black which I absolutely love! 


I received this in my April Glossybox and was so excited because I love to try out new moisturisers, I constantly buy the Simple one, which is good! But I like to try different ones. This was a sample size given in the Glossybox so it's only a 5ml tub. But to say how small it is and I still have some left and I've been using it every day just shows how little you need to use! This in conjunction with my cleansing water and my toner has made such a difference in my skin. I usually use this on a night because it's a thicker consistency and I like to use light ones on a morning. But this just makes my skin feel super soft. The full size tub (50ml) on the website is quite pricey (£65) but it's definitely tempting to buy because I was so happy with it and the results! 


I have enough nail polishes and I don't know why I feel the need to keep buying more. But I do. Especially when they say Quick Dry on them! The worst thing for me is waiting for my nails to dry, I hate it because I always end up chipping them or smudging them before they have the chance to fully dry! I got this Barry M polish in the colour 'Pit Stop'. It's inbetween a nude and a grey colour I would say and it's so classic and pretty. It looks so good and effortless on. I only needed to apply one coat too and I was fully happy with the colour. The best thing is , that they do infact dry really fast! So I'll definitely be buying some more from this range! And at £3.99 you can't really go wrong.


I was definitely in need of some new hair straighteners, I bought some cheap ones just because I missed having some since my last ones broke. I received these from my mum at Christmas and was so excited because I'd mentioned them a couple of times when I'd seen them in my cousins salon. I loved the look of them, but then again I pretty much love anything that's white. But they also have mineral infused plates which is so much better for your hair! The plates are slightly curved at the edges allowing you to wave, flick or curl your hair without it catching and snapping pieces of your hair. They also have this really cool technology, they have no on and off switch, they turn on as soon as you start to straighten your hair! You can also change the temperature of them by touching the plates together (3 times together for 165 and 2 times together brings them to their hottest which is 195). I absolutely love them and they don't make straightening my hair a chore. They do the job so quickly and they come with a heat resistant sleeve so you can pack them up as soon as you're done. 


Before I bought these Soap & Glory bath products, I'd never tried this brand before but I'd heard pretty much everyone raving about the bath and body stuff and nobody had anything bad to say. So when I was last in Boots, I was sniffing all the products deciding which I wanted to buy. I ended up buying this and the next product in my list. But this is the fresh and foamy body wash scented with freshly squeezed lime. The first time I tried it I absolutely loved it. It feels so soft and moisturising but so fresh and clean at the same time. And the smell lingers on you but not in a bad way! I feel so fresh when I've used this and I can tell it's going to last me ages, you get a 500ml bottle for £6.50 which I think is amazing. I can't believe I'd never tried Soap and Glory before, I can guarantee they're all I'm gonna be using in future.


Along with the body wash, I also picked up this body scub. It has oat, shea butter and sugar body smoother in it. It definitely does smell like a breakfast, it smells edible.. don't eat it though. At first I was hesitant because of the name of it, breakfast scrub? Why would I want to scrub myself with oats? But when I smelt it I definitely wanted to scrub myself with oats. It smells divine! I think it's one of those smells that you either love or hate, so definitely give it a sniff before buying it. I use this on my skin before a body wash and it leaves my skin feeling so smooth and silky, its definitely something I'm gonna keep buying! 


And last but definitely not least, my dearest Macbook Pro. I got this for myself because my last laptop had broken, the only way I could use it was if I plugged it through the TV and used an external keyboard which was so annoying! I've always wanted a Macbook, I love the way they look and after using them at Uni I just knew I needed one. They're so user friendly! I bought a pink hard shell case and pink rubber keyboard cover to protect it from scratches and keep it looking brand new. I recently took those off to give the case a good clean but then I was just reminded of how much better they look without cases on them. Much like iPhones! They are really expensive laptops, but in my opinion they're definitely worth the money and I'm so glad I bought one. 


Thank you for reading! 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment