Sunday 13 April 2014

DIY: Tie-Dye Nails


You will need a base coat and a top coat, I'm using the 3 in one Barry M top coat, base coat and nail hardener. Then you'll need your nail colours! You can pick any you like but I chose the traditional tie-dye kind of colours. 
Left to right: 
Maybelline Color Show - Electric Yellow
Rimme London - Green Grass
Maybelline Color Show - Cool Blue 
MUA - Bright Pink

You'll also need something with a thin nib, I'm using these marble nail tools from eBay but a tooth pick, sewing pin or something like that will work just as well! 


You'll then need to do stripes of your colours along your nail I'm just using a nail fan that I got from eBay because they're easier for a tutorial. The trick for this part is to do it as quick but as neatly as possible so the nail polishes don't dry so the next step isn't made harder to do. 


You then want to take your thin tool and drag it from the corner of your nail! It's basically just as simple as that, these nails look a lot harder to do than they actually are and there's always people asking how you did it if you wear these or post a picture of them. After these have dried a little, you just want to put on your top coat to make them last longer and look shinier. 

I apologise for the lighting in my photo's in this post, it keeps changing outside! So inconvenient. I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial and I hope you guys try this out! You should totally tag me in a picture on instagram (@centurygoffic) if you do, i'd love to see what colours you choose and how they turn out!

Demi
xo

2 comments:

  1. this is supper cute, im going to do this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! you definitely should, it's super easy and looks so nice :) xx

      Delete